Home city guide about gardhiwala

About Gardhiwala

Gardhiwala is a small town in the Hoshiarpur district of Punjab. It is a municipal council and is located about 30 KM away from Hoshiarpur on the Chandigarh - Jammu highway on NH-24. It is believed that this town was built by Garhia a Jat in 1443 A. D. The town is named after him and the name Diwala was added in 1812 because an incarnation of goddess has appeared in the town. Subsequently Jodh Singh from Ramgarhia built a temple in Gardhiwala. The word Diwala is derived from the word diowala a temple or the word deviwala. Jodh Singh also built a fort 1829 A. D. Traces of this fort are not seen today. The town looks beautiful with mango groves and the stretch continues until Mahalpur. The town knows to be home for many great soldiers. One such soldier who laid down his life fighting militants in Kashmir is Colonel Bachhiter Singh Sahota.

About Gardhiwala
Gardhiwala

Demography of Gardhiwala

As per the census of 2001, the total population of Gardhiwala is 6263. Of the total population, the male population constitutes to 52% and the rest 48% comprises of female population. The average literacy of the town is 79% which is very much higher than the national average of 59.5%. The male literacy rate of Gardhiwala is 83% and that of female literacy rate is 74%.

Healthcare in Gardhiwala

Medical facilities are essential part of infrastructure. People irrespective of their social background need to have access to all the basic medical facilities. There are not many hospitals or 24 hours medical stores in Gardhiwala. Few that are there work under the guidance of specialized professionals. These hospitals charge less and offer wholesome services for the welfare of the patients.

Sahara Multispeciality Hospital

Address: Talab Road, Talab Road, Dasuya, Hoshiarpur – 144205
Phone: 9855020926

Chopra Hospital

Address: College Road, College Road, Dasuya, Hoshiarpur – 144205
Phone: 9855250187, 9814303819

Malhotra Hospital

Address: Milani Road, Milani Road, Dasuya, Hoshiarpur – 144205
Phone: 9815098147

Ravinder Ayurvedic Pharmacy

Dana Mandi
Gardhiwala, Hoshiarpur 144207

Shopping in Gardhiwala

Gardhiwala being a small town is not a popular shopping destination. To get any major shopping done, the local residents have to travel to nearby cities. The following shops are the nearest destination for their needs.

Evergreen Chand LAL Soni & Sons

Address: Vakilan Bazar, Hoshiarpur Ho, Hoshiarpur – 146001
Phone: 1882-225325

City Book Corner

Address: Civil Hospital Road, Hoshiarpur HO, Hoshiarpur – 146001
Phone: 1882-500251

Shiv Book Depot

Address: Govt College Road, Hoshiarpur HO, Hoshiarpur – 146001

Saini Electronics

Address: Darapur Road, Tanda, Hoshiarpur – 144204
Phone: 9464238707

Param Electronics

Address: Jalandhar Road, Opposite State Bank of Patiala Piplanwala, Hoshiarpur Ho, Hoshiarpur – 146001
Phone: 9988843439, 9988843435

Banks in Gardhiwala

Banks are important for the economy of any society. The town of Garhdiwala has branches of few nationalized and private banks that assist the people of the town with their economic activities. The banks are located at the following addresses.

Corporation Bank (CorpBank)

Address: Adjacent To Axis Bank, Dasuya - Hoshiarpur Road, Garhdiwal 144207
Phone: 9815746954
IFSC Code: CORP0001784
MICR Code: Non MICR

Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)

Address: Okhara Arya Putri, Pathshala, Gardhiwala 144207
Phone: 01886-261687
IFSC Code: ORBC0101138
MICR Code: NON-MICR

Punjab National Bank (PNB)

Address: Garhdiwala, Distt - Hoshiarpur, Punjab
Phone: 01886-262363 / 260321
IFSC Code: PUNB0342500
MICR Code: 144024576

State Bank of India (SBI)

Address: Gardhiwala P O, Dasuya Road Dausya Taluk, Hoshiarpur Dist Punjab
Phone: 01886-263114; 9888223750
IFSC Code: SBIN0010740
MICR Code: 144002996

State Bank of Patiala (SBP)

Address: Vpo Garhdiwala, The Dasuya
Phone: 01886-260021 / 5401209
IFSC Code: STBP0000718
MICR Code: NON-MICR

HDFC Bank

Address: HDFC Bank Ltd Dasuya Road, Vpo Gardhiwal, Tehsil - Dasuya Gardhiwal Punjab
IFSC Code: HDFC0002306
MICR Code: 146240052

UCO Bank

Address: Seth Market, Garhdiwala Hoshiarpur
Phone: 9478177781
IFSC Code: UCBA0002371
MICR Code: 144028207

Transport in Gardhiwala

Gardhiwala is not connected by railways. The nearest railway station is Garhdiwala Barun which is around 10 Km away. But the major railway junction is Jalandhar City Rail Way Station which is 49 KM away.


70
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Gardhiwala

Loader